The goal of this class is to do three things: -First help you better understand what Personalized Learning is. Defined as a diverse variety of educational programs, learning experiences, instructional approaches, and academic-support strategies that are intended to address the distinct learning needs, interests, aspirations, or cultural backgrounds of individual students. -Second, help you better understand what Differentiated Instruction looks like, which is a tailoring instruction to meet individual needs. Whether teachers differentiate content, process, products, or the learning environment, the use of ongoing assessment and flexible grouping makes this a successful approach to instruction. And better yet, how PowerSchool and the PTPro Gradebook can support you in this process. -Finally, help you know, as a teacher, how to put together IEPs for each student, which is a document and a process that students use - with support from school counselors, teachers, and parents - to define their career goals and post secondary plans in order to inform their decisions about their courses and activities throughout high school.
Topic Eligible for PD Credit
$ 20 per participant
Topic Min Participants
Topic Max Participants
Topic Major Goal
To introduce you to Standards Implementation and moving your school/teachers to Standards instruction.
- Briefly touch on Microsoft Teams Classroom.
- Introduce you to Ken O' Connor; the PowerSchool Gradebook consultant; The Grade Doctor.
- Spend time in the PTPro Gradebook. Learn how to differentiate and use skills there.
- Talk about Portfolios and how to use in day-to-day teaching practice.
- Talk through this idea of Personalized Learning theory and concepts.
- Using Assessment to Create Student direction - PLCs with teachers.
- View Progress in PTPro and how to use with Students and Parents.