NDIT-EduTech provides information technology resources to K-12 schools in North Dakota. These resources deliver electronic communications internally within school districts and externally to systems across the world. We provide these services solely to promote and enhance the quality of education in North Dakota’s K-12 system.
This acceptable use policy ensures that use of the NDIT-EduTech resources by all users is done in an appropriate manner. Use of NDIT-EduTech services is a privilege and not a right. All users are obligated to respect and protect the rights of every other user and act in a responsible, ethical and legal manner.
- NDIT-EduTech accounts and affiliated services may be used for K-12 education related purposes only.
- Logins and passwords are provided for the individual’s use while they are affiliated with an NDIT-EduTech member school or organization.
- Under no conditions shall any user provide another person with access to or use of their account. Similarly, users shall not examine, change, or use any account but their own. No user may represent themselves as another individual or entity in electronic communication.
- Users shall not deliberately attempt to degrade system performance or capability. Knowledge of system or special passwords does not convey permission or privilege to use such passwords. No account shall be used to damage a system or file or remove information without authorization.
- NDIT-EduTech’s services may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Under no circumstances may NDIT-EduTech’s services be used to send material that is intended to threaten, harass, annoy or alarm another person without legitimate purpose-this includes chain mail.
- Use of computer system and databases shall be limited to the purpose(s) for which access was granted. Use of services for political (lobbying) purposes, for gaining business contacts or for personal or private profit is prohibited. Organizations may not use any NDIT-EduTech service for increasing their membership or gaining additional contacts.
- Users should expect only limited privacy in the contents of their personal files and communications. Files may be searched if there is reasonable cause that a user has violated NDIT-EduTech policies or the law. Investigations will be reasonable and related to the suspected violation. NDIT-EduTech will cooperate with external networks and authorities in the resolution of an investigation within the restrictions of federal and state law and the Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Any user of NDIT-EduTech’s services who violates this policy may be denied access to the system. Users may also be denied access based on their local school district’s acceptable use policy.
Failure to abide by this policy may result in the loss of privileges as well as further disciplinary and/or legal action. All accounts are the sole property of NDIT-EduTech and are provided to the user’s organization or school district as a service, as such final determination of account status is up to NDIT-EduTech staff and may not be appealed.
If account access is denied for disciplinary reasons, users forfeit all information in the account.