Additional courses have been added to the Cisco Networking Academy Skills for All program. These include Python Essentials 2 and Introduction to Data Science.
ND is the first state in the nation to expand the Cisco Networking Academy Skills for All program to all residents of the state. The Skills for All program provides free, quality, mobile, self-paced, online learning aligned to industry jobs, providing a pathway to a career in technology. There are numerous courses, badging and industry certifications available, with an emphasis on cybersecurity, along with coding, networking essentials, Internet of Things (IoT) and other technology-focused courses.
North Dakota’s expansion of Cisco Networking Academy Skills for All is part of an overarching statewide initiative, dubbed PK-20W, to reflect the education continuum of pre-kindergarten through Ph.D. programs and the workforce, with a vision of “Every Student. Every School. Cyber Educated.”
NDIT-EduTech is continuing educational technology and citizen outreach through the PK-20W Initiative, offering Cisco Networking Academy courses free of charge, including to tribal nations. The Skills for All program expands the number of courses offered from seven to almost 25, and new course modules are continually being added.
Teachers taking any of the Skills for All courses can earn EduTech hours, which can be redeemed for continuing education credits from NDSU.
A discount of 51% is available for anyone interested in taking the certification exam after completing the Python Essentials 1 course. The discount code allows you to take the exam for $29. Email Jason Mattheis for more information. #Cisco
Instructions on how to purchase the PCEP Certification Exam Voucher:
Please follow these steps to purchase:
- Click on the following link to purchase.
- Click the ADD TO CART button, then the Go to cart.
- Click on the Add Promo Code button, enter your discount code and apply.
The unique and non-transferable discount code for your certification exam is: <EACH CITIZEN WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A DISCOUNT CODE>
- Click on the Proceed to Checkout
- Complete Billing and Shipping Information, accept Terms and Conditions.
- Click Next Step, confirm your information and proceed.
- Select form of payment and execute payment.
Once payment is processed you will automatically receive an email with your Certification Exam Voucher.
Note: the certification exam voucher is valid for an entire calendar year after purchase, it is not refundable or extendable.
Instructions on how to take the PCEP Certification Exam.
Steps to take the certification exam:
- Create an account (if you don’t have one yet).
- Login to your account and assign the certification exam voucher.
- Click the Launch Exam button to start the exam.
Some points to take into consideration are:
- It is not necessary to schedule the exam, you can take it when you are ready.
- The exam is taken in a single exhibition, once the voucher has been used, you will no longer be able to use it again.
- Be careful not to move the cursor outside the question and answer box, otherwise the system will terminate the exam session without being able to return.