The Code.org CS Fundamentals Introduction workshop will provide teachers a hands-on experience with the K-5 computer science curriculum provided by Code.org. Teachers will take a foundational look at various lessons and participate in student lessons. We will discover ways to bring coding to various subject areas in the classroom. This workshop will be FREE to teachers who wish to attend.
What you’ll get from this workshop (at no cost to you):
- In-person instruction from an experienced computer science facilitator
- Intro to computer science and pedagogy
- Overview of the online curriculum and teacher dashboard
- Printed curriculum guide containing the course lesson plans
- Strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities
- Classroom supplies for the unplugged activities
- Certificate of completion
- Code.org swag bag
Follow #TeachCode on social media. EduTech is a Code.org regional partner.
The Code.org CS Fundamentals Deep Dive virtual workshop will provide teachers the details, philosophy values, and rationale behind who their CS Fundamental course is structured. The approach intended to teach CS Fundamentals will foster specific classroom practices and division of responsibility between student and teacher.
Teachers will take a deep look at various lessons taught in the classroom. We will share and discover ways coding activities can be applied to various subject areas in the classroom. This workshop is FREE to teachers who have attended a past Introduction to CS Fundamentals workshop or have taught the CSF curriculum in the classroom.
What you’ll get from this workshop:
- Plan for offering more CS Fundamentals course
- Strategies for implementation, including specific issues experienced in lessons taught
- Ideas for developing classroom rapport that nurtures all types of learners
- A strong sense of community with CS Fundamental teachers and ways to stay connected
After the workshop you will receive:
- Code.org CS Fundamental curriculum guide
- Code.org swag bag