CyberStart America has concluded for the 2021-2022 school year. We hope your students had a blast, learned fascinating new skills and gained confidence in their abilities. They wouldn’t have gotten this far without your continual encouragement and support.
If your school took part in the competition, what happens next?
Students who scored over 20,000 points, will receive an email from the National Cyber Scholarship Foundation in the next few days with information on how to apply for a scholarship.
Please ensure that any high-scoring students have added the address firstname.lastname@example.org to their safe senders list, and that if they have used school email addresses, that this email domain has been whitelisted by your school's IT team to avoid important emails being blocked.
If they have any questions about the form when it arrives, please ask them to email email@example.com.
Looking for resources to keep your students engaged this summer?
Here’s is a list of ideas to keep your students boosting their skills and having fun this summer.
- Play CTF style challenges with pico CTF.
- Learn free cybersecurity skills with SANS Cyber Aces.
- Chat with other CyberStart leaders in the CyberStart teacher community on Facebook.
- Intern base is still open. Students can have a go at completing it if they haven’t already.
- Encourage your students to complete their own feedback surveys for a chance to extend their full CyberStart access over the summer for free (and don't forget to complete your own)! 25 free license winners will be chosen from all survey responses submitted by Friday, May 6th.