The Code.org CS Fundamentals Introduction workshop will provide teachers a hands-on experience with the K-5 computer science curriculum provided by Code.org. Teachers will take a foundational look at various lessons and participate in student lessons. We will discover ways to bring coding to various subject areas in the classroom. This workshop will be FREE to teachers who wish to attend.
What you’ll get from this workshop (at no cost to you):
- In-person instruction from an experienced computer science facilitator
- Intro to computer science and pedagogy
- Overview of the online curriculum and teacher dashboard
- Printed curriculum guide containing the course lesson plans
- Strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities
- Classroom supplies for the unplugged activities
- Certificate of completion
- Code.org swag bag
The Code.org CS Fundamentals Introduction workshop will take place in two locations. Click on the link to the location you wish to register.
July 31 - CS Fundamentals Introduction | In-Person @ Tech Annex building - Minot
July 31 - CS Fundamentals Introduction | In-Person @ Jamestown Middle School
Follow #TeachCode on social media. NDIT EduTech is a Code.org regional partner.